Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Gogol Bordello - Luv-emo Forum

Gogol Bordello

2 replies to this topic

#1 Iforgot

Noobert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:48 PM

I've known about this band for a while, and searching the name here came up with no results. So here we go...

To quote wikipedia

"Gypsy punk is the term used to describe a hybrid musical genre that crosses traditional Romani music with punk rock and other brands of rebel music. The origin of the term is unknown, but bands playing Gypsy punk have existed at least since the 1990s. One of the first rock groups to incorporate elements of punk and Eastern European music was Motherhead Bug, who was active mostly in the early '90s.[1] The term became well-known to a broader audience after the band Gogol Bordello released the album Gypsy Punks: Underdog World Strike, with front man Eugene Hütz describing their performance as a "Gypsy Punk Cabaret"[2]. The term has also been subject to the debate that it exploits Roma culture. Gogol Bordello have since insisted it was just the name of their album, which was then taken and used by the music press as a term to define the genre of their music and similar artists—not an offshoot term for authentic Gypsy music.

Gypsy punk bands usually combine rock beats and instrumentation with more traditional Gypsy instrumentation such as drums, tambourine, accordion, fiddle, trumpet, and saxophone.[3] In addition, due to the varied ethnic makeup of the Gypsy culture, many bands sing in several different languages, often switching language multiple times within a single song."

And my personal favorite song of theirs...

I'd recommend this band to any fan of Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys. (Edit to fix videos)

#2 Vigil Darkhome

Old Wiseman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:50 AM

They are allright not my favorite but I do enjoy them.

#3 Sunshine Bunny

King Sunshine

• MOD
  • 13,549 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:45 PM

Their latest album, "Transcontinental Hustle", is probably the best album I have heard this year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users