Welcome new members.
Here are a few things you should take note of:
- Read the rules first.
- This is a forum, not a social networking site. Please take part in the public discussions and don't only look at the profiles.
- There are more parts to this message board than just the Scene section. Please take a look around. If you want to open a new thread first use the search to see if there already is one, and if there isn't please try to pick the right section for it. Generally it's also a good idea to browse the forum a bit and take a look around before you start posting.
- On this board emo is considered a music genre - and only that. People can not be emo. The style is called Scene. If you want to refer to the stereotype, please make that clear (e.g. by "emo"). Yes, we are aware that this contradicts with some things on here.
- The Emo section is about the music and about the music only!
- Please do not write in all capitals, without space, without punctuation, without capitals, upside down, in hard to read colours or fonts, centered, in leet speak or extreme dialect. Also please don't spell wrong on purpose. If you want to say something, you want it to be read, don't you?
- Do not edit the opening post of your topic to read something completely different; this ruins the thread. If you don't like the direction a thread is going in, then PM a mod and ask for it to be locked.
- Before you post a comment into an existing thread, please try to read it all through. The topic might have changed already, the question already answered, someone already said what you want to say or the member asking the inital question might not be here anymore. If you still choose to answer, please quote.
- There is a Welcome Thread to introduce yourself in the Relaxation Corner (you don't have to use the questionaire).
- There is a Camwhore Thread in the Love Section where you can post pictures of yourself. But please don't say things like "I'm so ugly" or "here are some bad pictures" - it is considered fishing for compliments and not taken well. Also please don't only post photos of yourself - also take part in the rest of the board.
- A basic rule for all the internet also applies on here: Be careful with publishing your personal information. Think about it twice.
- Newbies often have a hard time. Don't take it all too seriously. There is a lot of sarcasm on here - you should be able to take some of that. Also many members will openly say their opinion about things, and though it might not be what you like to hear it is not a personal insult. Note that only in the Warzone insults and foul language are allowed. If someone insults you on the rest of the board - try to clear it up per PM or report (there's a button for that).
- If you think someone is severely breaking the rules, spamming, posting illegal material, etc - please use the report button.
- Be warned: we get off-topic a lot on here. But if you think it's too much, feel free to say so.
- Please take not of our warning system: if you break the rules a moderator might give you a warning. A certain warning level will get you banned for a certain time span. If you have not been warned for a month you can ask a moderator to decrease your warning level again.
- Before you post in the music section take a look around and ask yourself whether that band is really emo or screamo. If you're not sure, ask Ryan or post in the "Other" section.
- If you want to answer to several posts please try to do it all with one post. Don't answer to each one seperately.
- If you have questions - feel free to contact the Moderators.
- No, we don't delete accounts.
(The white text is links - click them!)
Read This First
No replies to this topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users