These are all widely-known proverbs encoded in a maze of jargon. Try to figure out what the original proverb is. See who can get the most, some time I'll post the answers.
Here are a few of the answers for an example (in no order, you're still going to have to match them up):
If the shoe fits, wear it.
Like father, like son.
Every dog has his day.
A rolling stone gathers no moss.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Here they are, good luck!
1) Similar sire, similar scion
2) Precipitancy creates prodigality
3) Tenants of vitreous abodes out to hurl no lithoidal fragments
4) It is not proper for mendicants to be indicatrous of preferences
5) Compute not your immature gallinaceans prior to their being produced
6) It is fruitless to become lacrymous because of scattered lacteal fluid
7) Cleave gramineous matter for fodder during the period that the orb of the day is refulgent
8) A feline possesses the power to contemplate a monarch
9) Pulchritude does not extend below the surface of the derma
10) Failure to be present causes the vital organ to become more enamored
11) Every article which coruscates is not fashioned from aureate metal
12) Freedom from guile or fraud constitute the most excellent principle of procedure
13) Each canine passes through his period of pre-eminence
14) Consolidate you and I, maintain ourselves erect: separated we defer to the law of gravity
15) You cannot estimate the value of the contents of a bound, printed narrative of record from its exterior vesture
16) Folks deficient in ordinary judgment scurryingly enter areas on which celestial beings dread to set foot
17) Liquid relish for the female anserine fowl is the individual condiment for the male
18) A feathered creature clasped in the manual members is equal in value to a brace in the bosky growth
19) The individual of the Class Aves, arriving before appointed time seizes the invertebrate animal of the Group Vermes
20) Socially oriented individuals tend to congregate in gregariously homogenous groupings
21) One may address a member of the Equidae family toward aqueous liquid but one is incapable of compelling him to quaff
22) Forever refrain from enumerating the dental projections of a bequeathed member of the Equidae family
23) One Pyrus Malus per diem restrains the arrival of the Hippocratic apostle
24) Fondness for notes of exchange constitutes the tuberous structure of all satanically inspired principles
25) Supposing one primarily fails to be victorious, bend further efforts in that direction
26) Be adorned with the pedal encasement that gives comfort
27) Prudence and sagacity are the worthier condiments of intrepid courage
28) He who expresses merriment in finality expresses merriment excelling either in equal quality
29) A beholden vessel never exceeds 212 degrees Fahrenheit
30) A rotating lithoidal fragment never accrues lichen
I'd offer a reward (because some of them are pretty hard) but I have nothing to give.
1 reply to this topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users