Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
H.I.M - Luv-emo Forum

H.I.M

50 replies to this topic

#1 vikinga0815

True Creeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:05 PM

anyone else likes them?

well here is the story.

HIM is a band from Finland formed in 1995 by vocalist Ville Valo, guitarist Mikko Lindström, and bassist Mikko Paananen.[1] They have released five full length albums to date. The band was originally called His Infernal Majesty, but they soon changed this to simply HIM (see below). As of 2006, they are the first and only Finnish rock band to sell Gold in the United States.

HIM started out as a cover band, covering songs of artists such as KISS, Type O Negative, Danzig, Black Sabbath and Depeche Mode.[2] After many lineup changes and a hiatus from 1991 to 1995 caused by the members' military services, the band now consists of the three founding members plus keyboardist Janne Johannes "Burton" Puurtinen and drummer Mika Kristian "Gas" Karppinen.

In 1992, HIM made a demo tape called Witches and Other Night Fears, but it is rumored that Ville Valo is the only person to have a copy.

In late fall of 1995, HIM released This is Only the Beginning. This too was a demo tape, with only 100 copies made and sold in specially chosen stores on Helsinki. It featured the first version HIM had done of "Wicked Game" and "The Heartless". The tape also includes rare songs "Serpent Ride", "Borellus", "Stigmata Diaboli" and "The Phantom Gate". This album was done only with Ville singing and playing drums, while Linde was playing guitar and bass.

666 Ways to Love: Prologue was released in 1996 solely in Finland, and only 1,000 copies of this album were sold. The lady on the cover is said to be Valo's mother. It was produced by Hiili Hiilesmaa, and was recorded at Finnvox Studios, MD and Peacemakers, Helsinki.

HIM's genre is debated in some circles; their musical style is often referred to as "love metal" by Valo and by the group's fans. Musically the band mix influences from hard rock and early heavy metal. Ville Valo has stated that the band started as a "Black Sabbath tribute band of sorts"[7]. Valo stated in an interview on the 'Love Metal Archives' DVD, that he was fed up of journalists and interviewers asking him (Valo), and the rest of the band what the genre of HIM was. He said in answer to that question, they created the album entitled Love Metal.

Critics commonly refer to them as alternative rock, gothic rock or gothic metal. However, their musical style varies between albums, and even between songs. Some of the more common genres applied (correctly or not) to their music include:

Posted Image

#2 C3H5N309

Creeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:27 AM

I had great moments with HIM. Not so much a fan these days, very disappointed with the last 2 albums, but do remember liking Razorblade Romance so much. Used to laugh at myself about it, but what the hell :o

#3 Dustin Devilicious

Lovable Smartass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:16 AM

I LOVE them with a passion.
Ville Valo has an unreplaceable voice of a god.

#4 SaffronJava

Geeky Sheep-Shagger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,004 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:01 AM

Never really got into them i'm afraid to say. Though alot of my friends rave about them.

#5 thisemokid

Noobert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:39 PM

I love HIM!! Ville is my hero :) . HIM almost made me turn my back to God. and they still make me think again about my belief. :dazed: My most fav song is Close to the flame

#6 Lady

Ghost

• Former mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,360 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

I know some of their stuff and I like what I know. Perhaps I should listen to some more...

I think "Wicked Game" is one of the best covers ever! Well done.

Ville Valo...that name! Sorry, but it sounds like a dogs name. I know it's not his fault, it's finnish and all that, and I really have nothing against him and HIM - but whenever I hear that name I have to think of a dog. ROFL Sorry.

#7 Executioner

True Creeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:36 PM

HIM <3

I love this band :D

#8 MaJJu

Noobert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:14 PM

Ah, and again Finnish band <3
Him is awesome <3
Old songs are great, but new.. In fact new songs sucks!

#9 Fuel

Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:29 PM

I quite like them. :(

#10 Lucifer__

Nikke: Siis hyi!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:55 PM

<333 ville valo <3 omg i love him, his voice is just so amazing!!! <333

#11 Emotytt

Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:23 PM

Um.. I like a little bit.. : D

#12 Legion1094

Noobert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:34 PM

I wouldn't really call H.I.M metal as such, but more love rock or something.

#13 Splooge

Noobert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:36 AM

WORST BAND EVER.

I hope they die in a plane crash.

#14 .Becci.

Noobert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:42 AM

Yeah H.I.M. isn't metal. If it's anything close to it it's like "love metal" :P

#15 Splooge

Noobert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:02 AM

View Post.Becci., on Dec 5 2007, 04:42 AM, said:

"love metal"

WTF is "love metal"?

sounds like the gayest thing ive ever heard of.

#16 Ville^__^Valo

Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:18 PM

I looove HIM as my name suggests :dancing4dh: , I think Ville said they consider their music love metal after people started calling it gothic, probably cos the majority of their songs are about love :P .

#17 Lady

Ghost

• Former mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,360 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:58 PM

Well, "love metal" woudl still be kinda metal, right?
I think I've seen them filed under "dark rock" in wikipedia - that fits better imo.

#18 Dustin Devilicious

Lovable Smartass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:49 PM

there is no 'love metal'.
that's just HIM's... 'thing'.

#19 milli

Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:11 PM

mi fav song is the crimson doors

#20 TheClashCalamity

Old Wiseman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:54 AM

Their stuff is awesome haha and Ville has a good sense of humor. My friend recently went to a concert of theirs in New York and when Ville walked out everyone started cheering like crazy and he said "Wow, I guess all that pseudo-Satanic bullshit really paid off." xD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users