Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_2/skin_topic.php on line 379

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_2/skin_topic.php:379) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_2/skin_topic.php:379) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_2/skin_topic.php:379) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_2/skin_topic.php:379) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_2/skin_topic.php:379) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Circle Takes the Square - Luv-emo Forum
←  Hardcore

Luv-emo Forum

»

Circle Takes the Square

Perpetuated's Photo Perpetuated 05 Jul 2007

Again, a heavier band than the others here, but another of my favourites.

Listen here: http://www.myspace.c...etakesthesquare

Circle Takes the Square (often abbreviated CTTS) is an experimental progressive hardcore band from Savannah, Georgia, USA. In late April of 2007, Caleb Collins (of the Canadian Hydra Head Records soul/doom act Mare) announced on their MySpace page he was currently in works of moving to be their new drummer.

The band's style is characterized by loud screaming of both male and female vocals that often function in a kind of call and response and chaotic drumming coupled with intense, highly technical bass/guitar work. Highly diverse song structures (from meditative, droning intros to crushing choruses) have also assisted in carving their unique niche. Many people describe their songs as 'epic,' because of their length (the longest is 9.5 minutes) and also because they change so gradually, starting slow moving into chaotic and lightning-fast.

Their debut release was a 7-track Self-Titled EP in 2001, followed later by a 7" split with pg.99. Two pressings of this album were done. The first was a run of clear vinyl and standard black vinyl. The second was clear yellow vinyl, as well as traditional black vinyl. In 2004 the band released As the Roots Undo on Robotic Empire, which released the CD, and HyperRealist Records, which released the gatefold LP. 500 copies were made on a limited edition green marble vinyl and numbered by hand.

Ryan's Photo Ryan 07 Aug 2007

Al Young, on Jul 5 2007, 08:43 AM, said:

Again, a heavier band than the others here, but another of my favourites.

Listen here: http://www.myspace.c...etakesthesquare

my all time favorite band, seen them live a bunch of times...

i own a first press copy of their 7" split w/Pg. 99 (Document 13/Pyramids In Cloth) on clear vinyl (500)

and i own the Green vinyl press (330) and the white vinyl press (220?) of their LP As The Roots Undo

btw... that article you posted left out the tour versions of the 7" in the pressing run down... of the first press the tour versions had red covers with black designs (the designs were exactly the same as the standard version) and the second press tour versions had black covers with silver designs (also same designs as standard version)

1st press for the 7"

500 on clear
500 on black

2nd press for the 7"

350 on clear gold
500? on black

i'm not sure on the number from either press which were packaged as a tour release.

LP press run down

tour version
125 on black vinyl
-different cover design

standard version

white vinyl pressing
220 pressed

green vinyl pressing
330 pressed

black vinyl pressing
1175? (i think) pressed

as for the CTTS demo cd, that was self released by the band, a small number of them were also released through hyperealist records (i think) ...i'm not sure on the pressing info for that...

Perpetuated's Photo Perpetuated 08 Aug 2007

Man, I feel lame. I have none of the LPs and a really battered copy of As The Roots Undo on CD.

Ryan's Photo Ryan 08 Aug 2007

Al Young, on Aug 8 2007, 01:15 AM, said:

Man, I feel lame. I have none of the LPs and a really battered copy of As The Roots Undo on CD.

the only way to get that stuff now is on ebay and most people don't want to pay a lot...

i payed 36 bucks for my Green vinyl version of As The Roots Undo, 40 for my White vinyl version of As The Roots Undo, and 31 for my Clear vinyl version of their 7" split with Pg. 99

here is my full record collection (growing by the week)

http://www.recordner...ists/skramzkid/

Perpetuated's Photo Perpetuated 08 Aug 2007

The only vinyl I have is Cursive's 'The Ugly Organ' on clear/green vinyl.

It's pretty.

Ryan's Photo Ryan 08 Aug 2007

Al Young, on Aug 8 2007, 10:59 AM, said:

The only vinyl I have is Cursive's 'The Ugly Organ' on clear/green vinyl.

It's pretty.

pretty much all my stuff is color vinyl...i'd say 80 percent of my vinyls are color haha

btw, that Cursive album pwns

killcatus's Photo killcatus 07 Dec 2008

Love this band

And "As The Roots Undo" is amazing

JohnC's Photo JohnC 07 Dec 2008

By far my favourite screamo band. I love their unique vocal style and their chaotic music. Also their song "Kill the Switch" is one of the few songs out there that are over 5 minutes and hold my interest all the way through. But are there any other bands featuring both male and female screaming vocals like CTTS?

Darkness's Photo Darkness 07 Dec 2008

JohnC, on Dec 7 2008, 05:00 PM, said:

By far my favourite screamo band. I love their unique vocal style and their chaotic music. Also their song "Kill the Switch" is one of the few songs out there that are over 5 minutes and hold my interest all the way through. But are there any other bands featuring both male and female screaming vocals like CTTS?

IWSMOFFY and I wanna say Petethepiratesquid but I think the latter is wrong..

3.Bleeding.red.roses.8's Photo 3.Bleeding.red.roses.8 09 Dec 2008

JohnC, on Dec 7 2008, 10:00 PM, said:

OMG that song is EPIC. I love listening to it all the way thorough and then turning it up and singing along and beating the beat with my fingers...

Plus it's fun to BLAST in the car.

And at one point they mention "parabola" which I find pretty funny... Gotta love Algebra II... :crying:

Musefreak's Photo Musefreak 09 Dec 2008

i thank Coaster for getting me more interested in this band

3.Bleeding.red.roses.8's Photo 3.Bleeding.red.roses.8 09 Dec 2008

You're welcome. :tongue:

Does anyone know what happened to their supposed new cd that was supposedly coming out soon?

Acid's Photo Acid 09 Dec 2008

3.Bleeding.red.roses.8, on Dec 8 2008, 06:10 PM, said:

You're welcome. :tongue:

Does anyone know what happened to their supposed new cd that was supposedly coming out soon?

Thanks to you, i wuvv them now, Rosie Poo!

mastershake's Photo mastershake 09 Dec 2008

on their blog they post stuff sometimes. . . . just not in a long time

http://ritualofnames.blogspot.com/

i can post a myspace rip of their new live thing if anyone wants. . . . .

monkeychief25's Photo monkeychief25 11 Jan 2009

Screamo....

Suicidal-Cutie's Photo Suicidal-Cutie 21 Jan 2009

they're 1 of my fave :thumbup:

antzcrx's Photo antzcrx 27 Jan 2009

how is this hardcore???

RyanTakesTheSquare's Photo RyanTakesTheSquare 20 Feb 2009

Alot of people now think of real screamo as hardcore. Thats what screamo bands are called in magazines when they make coverage (this is rare). Once I even saw CTTS in Alternative Press. What I was doing looking at that shitty of a magazine, i have no clue.

Bleach's Photo Bleach 03 Jan 2010

I like CTTS. can't wait for their new album.

Tigerblood's Photo Tigerblood 04 Jan 2010

Bleach, on Jan 3 2010, 05:22 PM, said:

I like CTTS. can't wait for their new album.
Same. I enjoi this band. The rap remix of "Houdini Logic" is hilarious.