Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_12/skin_topic.php on line 917

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_12/skin_topic.php:917) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_12/skin_topic.php:917) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_12/skin_topic.php:917) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_12/skin_topic.php:917) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_12/skin_topic.php:917) in /home/luvemoco/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Mineral - Luv-emo Forum

Change

Mineral

11 replies to this topic

Ryan

Resident Elitist

• MOD
  • 2,623 posts
as far as Post Emo goes i'd have to say Mineral was by far the best band to ever come out of the genre (with Cap'n Jazz finishing a close second) ...Mineral's "the power of falling" still stands in my mind as one of the best records released in the 90's... if you've never listened to them i highly recommend their music...

Perpetuated

It ain't easy being cheesy.

• ADMIN
  • 3,610 posts
I always preferred End Serenading. I don't know why: I just did. I think it was the refrain in End Serenading of 'the driving snow that drives me home'

Ryan

Resident Elitist

• MOD
  • 2,623 posts

View PostAl Young, on Aug 8 2007, 10:34 AM, said:

I always preferred End Serenading. I don't know why: I just did. I think it was the refrain in End Serenading of 'the driving snow that drives me home'

the last three songs on End Serenading were fucking moving as hell... the rest of the album was hit or miss for me... but those last 3 songs... they make the album...

Perpetuated

It ain't easy being cheesy.

• ADMIN
  • 3,610 posts
Chris Simpson was amazing. He almost drawled on a lot of the songs, but it worked. His voice was moving; really moving. MCR or HH could never do that.

I should not have soiled the topic with those two.

Ryan

Resident Elitist

• MOD
  • 2,623 posts

View PostAl Young, on Aug 8 2007, 10:53 AM, said:

Chris Simpson was amazing. He almost drawled on a lot of the songs, but it worked. His voice was moving; really moving. MCR or HH could never do that.

I should not have soiled the topic with those two.

hahaha

speaking of the faggotry known as HH you should hear their new song on myspace... it brings the lulz... i have no idea what kind of sound they are going for... but it sucks just like their old stuff hahaha

andreaGNOSIS

Noobert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

View PostRyan, on Aug 8 2007, 01:07 PM, said:

hahaha

speaking of the faggotry known as HH you should hear their new song on myspace... it brings the lulz... i have no idea what kind of sound they are going for... but it sucks just like their old stuff hahaha

Hey Ryan, you should also make a post to show us what post emo is too, seriosuly, I really really want to stop being wrong.

Dan

Advanced Creeper

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Isn't the album called "The Power Of Failing"?

Great album though, their second album wasn't nearly as good IMO.

JohnC

Creeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
I thought it was "The Power of Failing" too. One of my favourite post-emo albums along with Jimmy Eat World's "Clarity". They're probably my favourite two. Download/steal them both if you havn't already! :dance9bh:

killcatus

Noobert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I have the Power Of Failing, but I'm waiting for time to give it the full attention it deserves.

Although, I Love what I've heard from these guys before.

Edit: Finally listened to it, put me to sleep the first time through, but every consequent time just sounds even greater then the last. Love "The Power Of Failing" and Mineral

xJoeySixShooterx

Resident Dungeon Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts
yes, great album! i think the harder edge keeps it moving. End Serenading takes me on a musical journey.... then ditches me 20 miles out of town with no phone XD but I'm still very confused with the idea of "post-emo." same as I am with "post-punk." although the initial movements died, I still think the spirit lives on as the music changes and evolves

xJoeySixShooterx

Resident Dungeon Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

View PostRyan, on Aug 8 2007, 11:24 AM, said:

as far as Post Emo goes i'd have to say Mineral was by far the best band to ever come out of the genre (with Cap'n Jazz finishing a close second) ...Mineral's "the power of falling" still stands in my mind as one of the best records released in the 90's... if you've never listened to them i highly recommend their music...

zuerst

Noobert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Personally, I think EndSerenading is superior, but this remains a great, classic album. The lyrics deserve that 9.5 for sure!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users